Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is this considered by law as false imprisonment?

I was at work and I clocked-out. I was waiting for the team leader to arrive to unlock the door so I could leave. When she arrived she refused to unlock the door and let me out of the store until ten other people arrived to clock-out. I told her that I had to leave and the car waiting for me right outside the door in plain view was my ride home. And she said, ';I don't care.'; After twelve minutes had passed she opened the door and I left. I was off the clock and she had no right to keep me in the store against my will. Could this by Texas law be considered as an act of FALSE IMPRISONMENT?Is this considered by law as false imprisonment?
You leave out a LOT of important details.


There may be a way to squeeze this into a case of false imprisonment, but my advice is to keep quiet about it and get over it; grousing about it or threatening a lawsuit is a short way to make your future at that job - and your prospects for a future job elsewhere - go bad.Is this considered by law as false imprisonment?
I'm not sure. I am a little confused. 10 people.....car in plain view.....unlock.....clocked-out ...sorry, I don't think you can consider that false


imprisonment. But something sure sounds suspicious. Keep one eye open,,, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment