Thursday, February 4, 2010

Could I charge my ex with false imprisonment?

My ex would not allow me to leave by blocking the door could I charge her with false improsonment. When she did that it turned into an altercation she also admitted to that in the police report, as a result of the altercation I was charged with battery. Can anybody please help with that?Could I charge my ex with false imprisonment?
You unless you are a police officer cannot charge anyone with anything, however you can file a police report and maybe they will bring charges but if you explained the situation to them and they still charged you with a battery then it is very unlikely that that they would. You can use her blocking the door as a defense in court and if you are convicted you can use it as mitigating circumstances.~Could I charge my ex with false imprisonment?
I believe so. You definitely need to fight the charge though, if someone won't let you leave you have every right to use whatever force necessary to free yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment