Sunday, February 7, 2010

Can I file a complaint against the U.S governement for false imprisonment?

looking for a civil attorney to file a civil and human rights complaint after i was detained at newark international airport and held for an additional 10 months. I was held at the Passaic county jail where human and civil rights abuses have been documented and proved.Can I file a complaint against the U.S governement for false imprisonment?
Why not. Leave a forwarding address.Can I file a complaint against the U.S governement for false imprisonment?
False Imprisonment. Yes you can, under the Federal Torts Claims Act, you may have some additional causes of actions too. Were you ever charged or convicted of any crime, or just detained on suspicion of some bogus ';terror list'; type garbage.





I suggest you contact the local ACLU office, they have addressed these type of cases and prevailed. You can also contact the State Bar of of the state you are in, ask for the referral service and ask to be put in touch with an attorney whose practice is limited to federal torts claims act.
You probably will not find an attorney that would go to any trouble unless you paid them up front, then their work is shotty at best. That does not mean that you can not file civil and criminal charges against whomever you choose yourself, a working knowledge of law would help, or do like I did and study the law for the next 10 or so years, you must file a complaint in 1 or 2 years, check the statute of limitation where you live. I know I would if I were you, I would own the county where it all took place!
Sure. If it will do any good or not will depend on the situation. Were you charged with a crime? Were you convicted? Were you held without bail?
Call you local bar association and ask for a referral. From the great details you've provided here, good luck!
Can I file a complaint against the U.S government for violating the US Constitution?
Probably not, how about some more details?

No comments:

Post a Comment