Sunday, February 7, 2010

How can breaking out of a false imprisonment be harassment?!?

I'm in PA. I was trapped in a grocery store corner (I believe intentionally, but for the sake of argument) and couldn't get out (it was the gardening section). When I asked that customer at least 2-3 times ';excuse me'; he flat out refused to move. Not because he didn't hear me, but because he felt that I ';could have gone another way';. Because of the narrow aisles and the clutter, I couldn't. I requested excuse me and he refused. At that point I pushed through. The police officer who responded stated that I should have waited until the man felt like moving and that I ';should have stayed there all day and all week maybe'; (recorded statement from the officer). Nonetheless, he charged me with harassment because he stated that I ';hit [the man] in the leg with a buggy with the intention of harassing, annoying or alarming him when all I wanted to do was to get past, finish my shopping and get to my car (I have asthma) to get my inhaler and to get home to my children. Thanks.How can breaking out of a false imprisonment be harassment?!?
Make sure when you go to court for the harrasement charge, that you take a note form your dr. stating that you have asthma, what a jerk, and the mindless cop also!! If it was me I would get a lawyer, pro-bono!!!! sometimes things are so unfair, that why we need to go back to the old west, ways, its comming to that!!!How can breaking out of a false imprisonment be harassment?!?
What you are describing is not false imprisonment, it's rudeness. the guy was being a jerk, ABSOLUTELY, but you had no business putting your hands on him. I guess I can't see how you could be cornered in a grocery store without any way of going around, but that is just me.
In a lot of these cases, it all depends on who calls the cops first.
Your question is graphically stated. My opinion is that this situation is unusual. You are assuming here, that this person could hear, he may have been deaf. I think that this was a considerable lack of forethought on your part, and very rude for you to push past the person regardless. You were in your working day, and had plenty of time to wait for the gentleman to consider his purchase or otherwise before moving on. You appear to be a very young person unaccustomed to dealing with the public generally. I think that you have been watching too much telly and putting what you saw into practice, I feel that you are a little immature, and ned some more interpersonal experience, but I wish you well

No comments:

Post a Comment