Sunday, February 7, 2010

Claiming false arrest/imprisonment, assault, battery and defamation. ?

I want to know can I file a lawsuit without a lawyer? Can I go to the courthouse in question and subpoena all records and bring a suit against city and state and a business on my own?





If so can you steer me in the right direction.


Thank You


jjbClaiming false arrest/imprisonment, assault, battery and defamation. ?
You can file a lawsuit without an attorney. Go to the local courthouse and speak with the court clerk, they will walk you through the process. Keep in mind that they will NOT evaluate the merits of your case, they will only make sure you are filling out the paperwork correctly.





I would suggest you retain an attorney, they can evaluate your case to make sure your lawsuit has a chance and generally work on a contingency so that they are only paid if you are. If you go it alone, you run the very real risk of being counter-sued for abuse of process.Claiming false arrest/imprisonment, assault, battery and defamation. ?
Yes, you can file without a lawyer.
  • short hair cut
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment